I'm a Pink Paradise Affiliate!

I'm a Pink Paradise Affiliate!
Click here for amazing lenses for fashion and cosplay!

Search This Blog

Monday 3 March 2014

Cardiff Comic Con!


 Hey everyone,
So I actually had my first con this weekend, I couldn't go last year because I was on holiday, so this was all a brand new thing for me. Cardiff is only a small place, but the turnout was pretty huge. It's mainly geared towards the comic books and superheroes but there was a super adorable Japanese/Korean stand and a few anime related stalls! There were loads of cosplayers though, there was Princess Mononoke and Gasai Yuno and Naruto and ahhhh it was great! I wish I'd got more photos >.<
(^ This is basically what I did, flapped like some kind of demented bird everytime I found a cute)

 I was going to cosplay Mikasa, but my jacket didn't arrive on time (#`д´)ノ
I did wear my awesome EOS Dolly Eye Violet contacts though! (see my previous post) and scared a few children on the way to the con

I mentioned this in a previous post and how I was going to dress Joe up as Eren/Levi. Well, obviously he wouldn't feel comfortable doing it on his own, so he let me try out titan Eren make-up anyway. I was pretty proud of the result as it was my first time and all I had to work with was a basic Elf cosmetics palette.
(I'm aware there's probably a few errors, I didn't have an image with me when I was doing it) 
 (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧


I have no idea at all why the image on the left has gone blue o.o
(You can check out these images properly on my instagram: @Lookaliveholly)







  




We bought loads of awesome stuff! I think we spent about £60?! >.<
Loads of comics, and I got to meet the AMAZING artist DestinyBlue, who is super popular on deviantart. I bought two of her prints and she signed them for me ヽ( ★ω★)ノ It was great to see a devfamous artist who wasn't expecting crazy prices for her artwork!

Go look at her art here: http://destinyblue.deviantart.com/
(She's my new senpai, I'm absolutely in love with her work and it's kinda inspired me to get my shit together and get some real work done, rather than half assed cartoons)




















Here's some photos from the con! First is mine, others are all by this photographer: http://www.valleysshutterbug.com/2014/03/cardiff-film-and-comic-con-2014.html





























Other updates:

I've just finished the anima Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) and I absolutely loved it. Yuno has been added to my cos-list. I really recommend it if you into anime which isn't all smiles and sunshine. I'm currently watching Hamatora, which was recently recommended by a friend and I'm only on episode 3 and I'm in love with Nice >w<

I've also kinda stopped giving a fuck about what people think about my love of Japan. I don't see why it should bother people, loads of Brit's bum America, is it any different because it's Japan? I like Japanese society better, they don't care about what you do as long as it's not harming anyone, the food is amazing, their culture is so beautiful and every Japanese person I've ever met has been super kind and polite... I don't know, Britain is pretty cool, I do like it here, but man I wanna visit Japan so badly. 
Just gonna go ahead and buy a million wigs and cosplays and maid outfits and uniforms and all that usual stuff. At least I'm not a weeabo using broken Japanese and pretending to be Asian.. right?

Eh, if anyone has a problem I can just send them this. 



That's it for todays post, bit all over the place and pointless but oh well.

Thanks for reading,
Love,
 Holly x





No comments:

Post a Comment